Three current and former Yale students were awarded Rhodes Scholarships this year for graduate study at Oxford University.

Olivia Klevorn ’17, Hannah Carrese ’16 and Noah Remnick ’15 are this year’s Rhodes Scholarship recipients for Yale. This repeats last year’s performance, when three Yalies won, and maintains Yale’s strong history with the scholarship. Yale had four winners in 2015 and 2014, leading the country in 2014, and boasts the second-highest number of U.S. winners in total, second only to Harvard University.

The most recent class of Rhodes Scholars was announced Saturday night. Thirty-two Americans were named winners of what is widely considered to be the world’s most prestigious postgraduate scholarship.

Klevorn, a Chicago native, majors in anthropology and plans to complete a Doctor of Philosophy in Socio-Legal Studies at Oxford. On campus, Klevorn directs the Heritage Theatre Ensemble, which is dedicated to staging black artists’ work, and leads the spoken word group WORD. Klevorn has focused her academic work at Yale on “disinvestment in low-income minority communities and the resultant inequality in homeownership.”

Caresse, who is from Colorado Springs, graduated from Yale last spring with a degree in humanities and will pursue a Master of Philosophy in politics at Oxford. After studying classics, grand strategy and statecraft at Yale, Caresse began working on refugee and migration policy in Mexico through the Yale Parker Huang Fellowship. Caresse is also working to help settle refugees in Mexico with the NGO Sin Fronteras and is involved with interviewing refugees and migrants.

New York City native Remnick graduated from Yale in 2015 with a bachelor’s degree in history and at Oxford will pursue a Master of Studies in American History and a Master of Public Policy. While at Yale, Remnick led and wrote for many campus publications, receiving multiple awards for his writing. He has since written for The New York Times as a James Reston Fellow, covering stories that have provoked reforms in city inspection programs and police policy.

Four U.S. universities had multiple winners this year. Harvard had four students selected for the award; Yale, three; the University of Virginia, two; and the University of Notre Dame, two.

LUKE CIANCARELLI