The University received 56 reports of sexual misconduct in the first half of 2015, according to the latest Semi-Annual Report of Complaints of Sexual Misconduct, released Tuesday.

One undergraduate was expelled for voyeurism and attempts to prevent the complainant from filing a report. Two cases that had been filed earlier but were resolved between January and June of this year resulted in suspensions, one for a graduate and professional student and one for a faculty member. Additionally, one staff member was fired after reports of nonconsensual touching and inappropriate comments were substantiated by the Title IX Coordinator.

The number of complaints is a slight decrease from the 62 complaints presented in the previous report, although University Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Provost Stephanie Spangler has consistently cautioned against drawing conclusions or trends from any single report, given the small body of data available.

In the introduction to the report, Spangler again emphasized its limits.

“Behind the summaries and statistics in this report lie the very real, and often very painful, experiences of members of our own community […]” she wrote. “As a result, while we strive to make the report as informative as possible, it can offer only a limited view of the complex circumstances that underlie specific complaints.”

In an additional effort to protect confidentiality, when summarizing each complaint, the report includes only the school affiliation of each complainant and respondent. Previous reports included their genders as well.

Spangler wrote that the change came in response to input from Title IX student advisory boards and faculty advisors.

Consistent with previous years’ reports, most of the complainants and respondents were undergraduates. Most reports were handled by Title IX coordinators, who can provide informal resolutions, or by the Yale Police Department, also consistent with previous years. Five YPD investigations resulted in arrests.

Only seven complaints were filed with the University-Wide Committee on Sexual Misconduct, which is the University’s formal hearing board and has authority to issue disciplinary consequences.

The report is the first the University has released since it conducted its campuswide Sexual Climate Survey in April, a survey that aimed to capture information not only about incidents reported to administrators, which appear in the semi-annual reports, but also incidents that go unreported. The results of that survey will be released in the fall.

VIVIAN WANG