Get some new material. You know the drill by now: YDN Open House, tonight from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. 202 York St.

Loud noises. The Whale will be packed to the rafters on Friday night — tickets to the men’s ice hockey game against Harvard sold out yesterday. With so much on the line between the Elis and the Cantabs, the home-ice advantage is sure to make an impact. Let’s get a little bit rowdy, Yale.

Who let the ’dogs out? But first, the boys in blue got some time off the Ingalls ice with a visit to an outdoor rink in Connecticut, playing hockey the way it was meant to be played: in the elements.

Kinda-rella. It was Cinderella with an Elm City twist. Captured in a picture posted to Twitter by NHV.org, a stray glove sat on the sidewalk outside Cedarhurst Cafe on Crown Street. “Hoping this post helps reunite it with its other half,” the tweet read. If we hit a slow news day, we’d probably wander the streets of New Haven looking for something to do, too.

Elicker did it best. Justin Elicker FES ’10 SOM ’10 popped back into the spotlight yesterday in a New Haven Independent profile that recapped the Dec. 11 birth of his first child, Molly. That day, Elicker’s wife Natalie went into full labor before the couple could make it to a hospital, prompting Justin Elicker into action: Following instructions from 911 dispatch supervisor Nikki Britton over the phone, the former mayoral candidate delivered Molly himself.

G for “Guy in Mean Girls.” Today at 7 p.m., the South Asian Society is hosting Kevin G — whose minor role in the 2004 film Mean Girls somehow garnered him a cult following — in a talk at Sudler Hall. With nearly 800 RSVPs gunning for a spot in the 200-seat facility, you should probably get there early.

Who you gonna call? Bad boys beware: A new Connecticut Public Corruption Task Force was formed yesterday at the Department of Justice offices on Church Street. And when the word “Corrupticut” was used to describe the Nutmeg State at the presser, you know they’ll have their hands full.

Looped back in. After winning the Oscar for Best Actress last year, Lupita Nyong’o DRA ’12 will once again walk the red carpet to present an award at this year’s show, which will take place on Feb. 22.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1987 The Joint Council of Social Chairpersons announces plans to bring students to Honolulu, Hawaii, for a football game between Yale and the University of Hawaii and a series of “Yale in Hawaii” parties.

Follow the News on Twitter. @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS