To (their) editor. In response to a New York Times piece published by columnist Charles Blow, father of Tahj Blow ’16, several readers penned letters to the newspaper’s editor to express their reactions. The Times ran four of them yesterday, revealing a spectrum of thought on issues ranging from police accountability to unconscious human psychology. 

Say it again? Needless to say, much of the Elm City shuttered its doors during yesterday’s blizzard, despite its underwhelming snow totals. Two institutions that did stay up and running, however: Jojo’s Coffee and Tea and Lulu’s Coffee. Funny how things shake shake out.    

Of broad interest. Yale Summer Session will be hosting an informational meeting to discuss the who, what, when, why, how and, most importantly, where for its programs this afternoon in LC 101. If you’re looking to experience Yale away from Yale, we recommend checking it out.

All are “welcome.” On Tuesday evening, the musical directors and business managers for the Whiffenpoofs and Whim ’n Rhythm emailed the entire junior class soliciting interest for Yale’s most elite singing groups. “You do not need to have any prior experience singing… to audition,” the message read. Yeah, okay.

Make it work. Why should the finance and consulting people have all the fun this month? Tonight, in the CEID, OCS is teaming up with the School of Engineering to host the Engineering Student Networking Night, which will be geared toward advising young engineers on how to properly design their careers.

Oh, what fun. In a story involving two vehicles of varying engineering complexity, a Plainfield, Conn., man was arrested yesterday for driving his Dodge Ram pickup truck through the snow yesterday, dragging a group of children behind him on a sled. That’s certainly one way to spend your snow day.

The News’ favorite. Regular News food trade partner Tikkaway Grill was profiled in a Hartford Courant article this week that called the (Chipotle-style) Indian restaurant “Tikkalicious!”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1878 The first-ever issue of the News is printed on campus, and Yale is never the same for it. “The innovation which we begin by this morning’s issue is justified by the dullness of the times, and the demand for news among us,” an editor’s note in the paper read. And though the times have grown less dull, our innovation continues, justifiably. It’s been a wild 136. On to 137!

Follow the News on Twitter. @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS