Yale-Princeton. It’s not quite The Game, but the annual football matchup against Princeton is always worth circling on the calendar, particularly when it’s the Elis’ last home game of the season, as it is this year. Kickoff is at 12:30. We’ll see you there.

Departments doing work. YPD Chief Ronnell Higgins released a Fall Public Safety Update to the Yale community yesterday, advising students on how to stay safe in New Haven. Meanwhile, the NHPD announced that it won the IACP Webber Seavey Award for innovation in crime reduction.

Not just The Game. Tickets for The Game will be released for purchase on Monday at the Athletics Ticket Office. Also available are tickets for January’s Rivalry on Ice hockey game against Harvard in Madison Square Garden.

Bated breath. Already looking ahead to Nov. 22, the On Harvard Time comedy group released a video teasing at a large-scale prank played on Yale during its visit to campus last week. Having seemingly snuffed out the ruse, we’re all just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Accelerate. The last chance to visit the University’s particle accelerator — located in Wright Laboratory — will be this Saturday, during tours of the facility before its removal to create new classrooms and labs in the space.

“Nassoons”? Yale’s football team won’t be the only squad lining up against a group of Tigers this weekend. The Whiffenpoofs will perform in concert with the Princeton Nassoons in Battell Chapel on Saturday night in an appearance that has become a staple for the two schools. Do all a capella groups have to have funny names?

Quinnipiac: We meet again. Months after ending the Bobcats’ season in the opening round of last year’s CollegeInsider.com Tournament, the men’s basketball team begins the 2014-15 campaign tonight in a rematch against its Hamden foes.

Until next fall. A post on the Yale Alumni Magazine’s blog called the New Haven Green “Yale’s front door,” noting its brilliance in autumn.

Even more intense. Business Insider published an article naming MIT the country’s most intense college, citing its dual nature as an “academic juggernaut [with a] surprisingly active social scene.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 2012 The Students and Alumni of Yale restructures, capping membership at 30, with a 15-person executive board.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS