Bring it on. With temperatures expected to be near-freezing by Thursday night, forecasts call for a chance that the first snowfall of the year hits today. We knew it was inevitable — could be high time to finally break out those heavy jackets and boots, folks.

The Trinity. A day after George W. Bush ’68 published a book about his father, George H.W. Bush ’48, a third Yalie and former president, Bill Clinton LAW ’73, took to Twitter with his response: a picture of him reading the “touching tribute” and a friendly jab at W for not having his own Twitter page.

Start me up. A Start Up Networking Fair will take place today at 2 p.m., connecting entrepreneurial students to 40 Yale alumni who have managed to make careers as innovators. The event will take place in the General Motors Room.

Speaking of innovation. The Innovative Interactions Lab at Yale is conducting a study in which subjects will get to play with a robot baby seal named Paro. Though the exact aim of the study remains unclear, the group has effectively marketed Paro’s cuteness as incentive enough to participate.

Legend. This weekend’s Yale-Harvard hockey game will end with the inaugural Tim Taylor Cup presentation to the game’s most outstanding player, the teams announced yesterday. Taylor, who coached at both schools, passed away days after Yale captured the 2013 national championship.

Flesh & Bones. A Wednesday piece by the Daily Nutmeg profiled the mascots of Yale, Quinnipiac and other local colleges, saving special recognition for Handsome Dan, the nation’s first live college mascot.

Can’t buy me Yale. “How much would you pay to get your kid into [the] Ivy League?” Today.com asked yesterday, detailing the lengths to which parents nationwide have gone to help give their children favorable odds.

Vanishing vodka. Temple Grill has suffered a mysterious rash of break-ins at the hands of one individual, who sneaks into the restaurant on Sundays to steal its stash of Absolut vodka, the New Haven Independent reported on Wednesday.

This is our house. An information session for the Paul Block Journalism Internships will be held today in the News’ Boardroom.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1984 Negotiators in the midst of discussions between the University and members of Local 34 emerge with new proposals after convening Center Church Parish House for roughly 90 minutes.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS