And now, we wait. The Single-Choice Early Action deadline for applications to Yale was on Saturday. Decisions for this initial round will be released in December, at which time the Class of 2018 will gain the seniority that it so sorely lacks at the moment.

Good guys. On Sunday night, YPD Chief Ronnell Higgins posted a reassuring message from his Twitter account, @YPD1. “Keeping the campus safe for everyone and being a good neighbor to our host city,” the tweet read, likely in a subtle attempt to remind the masses that safety comes before ball-chasing fun.

Exhibit A. A Sunday email from Morse Master Amy Hungerford alluded to an incident in which too much fun might have bred too little safety. On Saturday night, she said, an intoxicated individual (not from Yale) stumbled into the moat outside the residential college’s main wall, later climbing into a suite of Morsels who’d been trying to help the man collect himself.    

Yale Bowl. The New York Times continued its recent coverage of Yale football with a piece on the Yale Bowl’s 100-year history and lack of in-stadium locker rooms. Different aspects of the Bulldogs’ gameday culture that have developed since were explained for those who’ve yet to have the pleasure of participating in person.   

Cart campaign. Governor Dannel Malloy spent part of his Halloween walking in the vicinity of Cedar Street around Yale-New Haven Hospital. Though his goal of securing votes from the local populace was plainly visible, the incumbent’s food cart preference remains unclear.

On stage, on us. Days after putting on a performance that reminded us all that “there’s no place like Yale,” the Yale Symphony Orchestra joined the online “It’s On Us” campaign against sexual misconduct with a picture posted on the movement’s Facebook page last night.

Eau so artsy. A six-week “Watercolor Basics” class held at the Peabody Museum’s West Campus facility kicks off today. For just $360, anyone can stop by to learn the fundamentals of “mixing colors, controlling washes and glazing.”

Showcase season. Yale’s Facebook page shared an album of photos of campus draped in the autumnal majesty that we’ll all miss dearly in the coming throes of winter.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1989 Shops in the Chapel Street-Shubert Square area hire a full-time security guard to prevent shoplifting, in response to a recent rash of robberies in the neighborhood.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS