uman_YSOHalloween-258-660x438

Note: the auction will take place a new XC page here, beginning Thursday at 11 a.m.

As it did last year, the News will be auctioning off the final ticket to the YSO Halloween Show for a charitable cause.

Among Yale’s most popular events, the show sold out its entire allotment of tickets in under 2 minutes on Oct. 20. If you’re among the several hundred who missed out, your shot at redemption is here: In collaboration with the YSO, the News has secured the last available seat in the house (a first balcony ticket), and it’s up for grabs right here on Cross Campus.

To participate in the bidding, visit XC any time between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 30 — the night before the show on Friday, Oct. 31. You’ll find a landing page through which you can submit your contact information and offered amount. Regular progress updates will filter through the same page in a live ticker displaying the highest bid. The auction will close 12 hours after it starts, at which time the News will contact the winner and arrange payment details. Note that you will be able to submit as many bids as you please through the 11 p.m. deadline.

The prices will be updated in $5 increments, starting price $5, approximately every hour or so on Cross Campus.

All proceeds from this event will be donated to Water Collective, a nonprofit organization that works to secure clean water for communities around the globe through sustainable solutions and economic empowerment. By using local resources and helping local citizens develop income-generating skills, Water Collective aims to provide them with long-term access to water. Over the past three years, the group has worked to secure access to clean water for over 25,000 people in Cameroon.

THE YALE DAILY NEWS