The Yale co-ed sailing team competed at two regattas this weekend, while the women’s team finished in second place racing for the Dellenbaugh Women’s Trophy.

The co-ed team sailed at the 33rd Lynne Marchiando Regatta, hosted by MIT on the Charles River, finishing in third place out of 16. The squad also raced at the 2nd Barque Eagle Team Race at the United States Coast Guard Academy, placing fifth out of eight. The Elis women traveled to Brown and fell in a close battle against MIT for the Dellenbaugh title.

While neither the co-ed squad nor the women’s team won this weekend, both teams held onto their No. 1 seats in the Ivy League.

“I think that we were all a little disappointed with our third place result,” said Graham Landy ’15, commenting on the Marchiando. “We struggled to get into a rhythm and racked up a few losses early in the regatta, and that made for an uphill battle the rest of the weekend.”

Landy was the skipper for one of Yale’s boats and sailed with Katherine Gaumond ’15 as his crew. The other skippers were captain Chris Segerblom ’14 and Ian Barrows ’17.

On Saturday, the Bulldogs lost to Boston College, Michigan, Tufts and Vermont, but recovered on Sunday, losing only to Stanford in the day’s races.

“The weekend provided a great opportunity to practice being resilient,” Landy added. “At the more competitive regattas, such as the New England or National championships, every team will lose a couple of races in a row. And the team that bounces back best often wins.”

An underclassmen team representing Yale co-ed sailing took part in the Barque Eagle Team Race, which was also this weekend. At the Barque Eagle, Coast Guard hosted teams within the New England Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association.

Eric Anderson ‘16, Marly Isler ‘16 and Mitchell Kiss ‘17 skippered the Yale boats.

Similar to the Elis men and women at MIT, the Bulldogs at Coast Guard were more satisfied with the second day of competition than the first.

“Though we definitely had a rocky start, we won the last few races and enjoyed the wind despite the rain and cold,” Isabelle Rossi de Leon ’17 said.

Rossi de Leon sailed with Kiss and Isler over the weekend. According to her, the team switched around pairings Sunday to adjust for stronger winds in the later part of the day.

The women’s team, faced with the same rough conditions, fought hard at Brown, and gave the Engineers tough competition on Saturday and Sunday. The team finished ahead of Dartmouth, which currently holds the No. 2 rank in the Ivy League.

The co-ed team prepares for New England Team Race Championships at Connecticut College, while the women train for the Emily Wick Trophy at Coast Guard. Both races are coming up this weekend.

ERICA PANDEY