Going green in the dark. The Yale Office of Sustainability organized Earth Hour this past weekend. From 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, participating students turned off their lights to conserve energy. Meanwhile, an event was held on Old Campus with live music, dancing, movies, free food and booths from student groups. Environmentally themed performances featured Tangled Up in Blue, Word, Stepping Out, Teeth and other groups.

Model, actress, app developer. Victoria’s Secret supermodel Lyndsey Scott came to campus on Saturday to discuss her life and career at a talk. Scott has modeled for brands including Calvin Klein, Prada, Gucci and Louis Vuitton, in addition to her work for Victoria’s Secret. However, Scott also develops phone apps in her spare time. After graduating from Amherst College with a dual degree in Computer Science and Theater, she has designed apps including Educate and iPort.

Death by housing draw. Ezra Stiles College Dean Camille Lizarribar held a watch party for the season four finale of “The Walking Dead.” “As many of you know, your Dean is a huge fan of apocalyptic narratives (it helps her get through housing season, among other phenomena),” her invitation email read. She also invited students to share conspiracy theories and enjoy zombie-themed snacks involving gummy worms.

On ice! The Yale Figure Skating Club held their end-of-year celebration at Ingall’s Rink on Sunday afternoon. The affair included show performances, awards and a free skate. Basic skaters performed with their groups. Advanced skaters performed freestyle and dance routines. Team Esprit, the Hamden Figure Skating Association synchronized skating team, also performed.

Bitcoin comes to Yale. At Yale, there is truly a club for every crowd. A new undergraduate organization recently popped up on campus called the Digital Currency Club. The club held their first informational meeting this weekend and discussed the details of crypto-currencies. Advertising for the club appealed to student interest in Bitcoin, the digital currency created in 2009.

Spiking your Spring Fling. The sale of alcohol-themed Spring Fling apparel is now underway from a website called BulldogFathers. The site is offering tank tops designed around variations on a theme, with the theme being alcohol. The four designs resemble Pabst Blue Ribbon, Heinekin, Absolut and Jack Daniel’s.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1978 Student complaints spur a “drastic change” in Yale Dining’s offerings. The menu revamp includes more pancakes, less pasta.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS