The fog of war. Candidates for next year’s Yale College Council are now allowed to begin recruiting for their campaign teams. Into the fray!

Tips from Harvard. College decisions were released for Ivy League schools yesterday and the Harvard Crimson published a guide for fanatics titled “Decision Day Tips!” In classic Harvard style, the article opened with the obnoxious line “high school seniors around the world will be obsessively checking their laptops and phones to see if they have received admission to an Ivy League school (or Cornell).” The piece included tips such as “stay distracted,” “get comfortable,” and “have a support system.”

Night at the Museum. Last night, the Great Hall of Dinosaurs at the Peabody Museum played host to the annual Solar Jam fundraising party from Solar Youth, a local organization that empowers youth through environmental education. The event included a “brontosaurus brunch” station with “dino deviled eggs,” “lava shooters,” and spicy “pterodactyl” wings. Auction items spanned a wide range and included a chance to create and name a Shake Shack Concrete, a month of date night dinners and other awards.

First birthday. ROIA Restaurant celebrated its one-year anniversary on Thursday. Their first anniversary celebration included a special prix fixe menu that came with a complimentary prosecco toast. Also on the menu were items including artichoke soup, sauteed fluke, braised lamb and crème brûlée.

Willy Wonka comes to town. Chocolat Maya hosted a pop-up event Thursday evening with the owner and master chocolatier of Chocopologie, Fritz Knipschildt. Knipschildt created a massive Easter-themed sculpture, a pastel-colored tower of chocolate covered with chocolate eggs. Around 25 people attended, all of whom received free champagne and chocolate truffles upon walking through the door.

Mystery party. The Group With No Name, a local collective started in 2001 that encourages residents to engage in a variety of social and civic activities, appears to be throwing a classy masquerade soiree at ROIA this weekend. The affair is titled “Dark Spring.” The dress code reads: “Masks, of course … and your big, bold take on dark spring.” Proceeds will benefit the Loaves & Fishes program at St. Paul & St. James Episcopal Church.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1950 It is announced that commencement will take place  outside for the first time due to the increasing size of the graduating class.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com.

YALE DAILY NEWS