Green eggs and ham. Over break, emu eggs that were part of a Peabody Museum exhibit about dinosaurs started to hatch. The large green eggs, which were about the size of your hand, had been incubating in the exhibit since early February. The first cracks began March 12. A live stream of the Peabody babies is available online.

Can your professor do this? Yale psychology professor Gregory Samanez-Larkin has gained some notoriety for defying the odds. While lecturing for Statistics (PSYC 200), Samanez-Larkin presented the class with a problem about the probability that a statistics professor could walk on his hands. To make a lasting impression, he then got up on the desk at the front of the massive Dunham Lab lecture hall and walked back and forth across the table on his hands to wild applause from the audience.

Free trees. New Haven residents may be entitled to a free tree. Residents can submit an online request for a tree, which will be planted on their curb strip or front yard for no charge. The project is part of a partnership between the New Haven Urban Resources Initiative, a nonprofit affiliated with the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, and the city’s Parks, Recreation and Trees Department. Unfortunately, dorm rooms are not eligible.

“What is a Whiffenpoof?” was the headline of a recent article from KBTX.com, a news site affiliated with Bryan and College Station, Texas. The piece reported on a visit from the Yale a cappella group. The suited-up seniors had been singing at Arbor Oaks at Crestview retirement community.

One big feathery family. A diagram created by a team of scientists at Yale displaying the connections between all living bird species has been selected for exhibition by the British Library. The infographic is the “most comprehensive family tree for birds to date,” according to Yale News. The evolutionary history of almost 10,000 species of birds is displayed on the chart. At the British Library, it will make up part of an exhibit titled “Beautiful Science: Picturing Data, Inspiring Insight.”

A win for J. Swift. Leo Damrosch’s ’63 book “Jonathan Swift: His Life and His World,” published by Yale University Press, has been awarded in the biography category of the National Book Critics Circle Awards. The winners were announced March 13.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1955 A report from a hired engineering firm recommends replacing chandeliers in Sterling Memorial Library with ceiling spotlights.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS