SOM Rankings Update. Professor Rodrigo Canales, who teaches organizational behavior at the Yale School of Management, has been named one of the ‘Best 40 Under 40 Professors’ by Poets and Quants. “My participant observation research in microfinance was like a season of Mike Rowe’s “Dirty Jobs.” I found myself shearing sheep, collecting trash, butchering, milking cows…[and] a guest in a local drug lord’s house,” he said in the piece. Students also praised his talk on Mexican drug cartels in the article. Hats off to you Mr. White!

YCBA Late Night. The Yale Center for British Art hosted a late night last night, in an event titled ‘Student Night Out in the Study Room.’ During this after-hours event, students were allowed to meet curators and staff and view works in the center’s newly refurbished Study Room. Refreshments were also served in the Library Court.

The art of art. Sketching classes also started at the YCBA on Wednesday. The free sessions, where drawing materials are provided, allow attendees to practice sketching based on art in the Center’s collection with different instructors.

When in Rome… Yale art history professor Diana Kleiner recently wrote the e-book Roman Architecture: A Visual Guide, an illustrated tour of the great buildings of the Roman empire. The book is a companion to her longtime Roman Architecture course, recently made available online through on Coursera. Now anybody can enjoy the wonders of learning and lectures!

Love is in the drink. Thali Too, Thali and Oaxaca Kitchen are all giving out complimentary martini’s for two during Valentine’s Day dinner for couples that print out a special coupon.

Kissing for a cause. Kiss Away Cancer hit the dance floor at Toad’s last night. The charity component gives everyone who attended at least one reason not to regret their DFMO.

Submit to The Wallace Prize. The Wallace Prize is the most prestigious independently awarded undergraduate writing prize for fiction and nonfiction at Yale. Winners will receive a substantial cash prize, and winning submissions in each category will be published in the Yale Daily News Magazine. Submissions for this year are due by March 3.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY  1957 Handsome Dan IX is entered into a dog show for the first time. There are also rumors that Dan, currently a bachelor, may be wooing a bulldog named Sophia Smith.

YALE DAILY NEWS