In the last home meet of the season, the Yale men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams both fell to rivals Harvard and Princeton, a heartbreaking loss for the senior team members. The men’s team started off the weekend’s competition, falling to Harvard 203–150 and to Princeton 194–159. The women started their meet on Saturday, falling 195–105 against Harvard and 179–121 against Princeton.

Though the men’s meet ended in a loss, several records were broken. Brian Hogan ’16 swam a time of 3:48.81 in the 400-yard IM, breaking the HYP meet and Kiphuth Pool records. Danny McDermott ’14 shaved 16 seconds off of his personal best in the 400 IM, a notable improvement. Hogan broke a second Kiphuth Pool record in the 500-yard freestyle. Alwin Frimansyah ’15 won the 100-yard butterfly, redeeming himself after a close loss in the 200-yard butterfly the night before. Tyler Pramer ’14 finished in third in the 1-meter dive. The 200-yard medley relay team and the 400-yard freestyle relay beat the Kiphuth Pool records.

Going into the meet, the women knew that the pressure would be on.

“This meet does bring back the traditional rivalry between these three schools,” Kina Zhou ’17 said.

The women began their meet with a few losses, but Eva Fabian ’16 brought in the first win with a victory in the 1000-yard freestyle. Isla Hutchinson-Maddox ’17 came in third. Freshman Sydney Hirschi ’17 came in second in the 200-yard butterfly, losing by less than a second. In the 50-yard freestyle, Zhou finished in third, the only Yalie to break the top ten in the event. Angela Lee ‘14 and Jacqui Levere ’15 finished the 400-yard IM in second and third, respectively.

Sunday began with a bang as Lilybet MacRae ’17 won the 1-meter dive, finishing with a total of 309.25 points, over 25 points ahead of the second place Harvard diver. Zhou placed second in the 100-yard freestyle and Olivia Jameson ’17 took third in the 200-yard backstroke. Ali Stephens Pickeral ’16 also took third in the 200-yard breaststroke while Fabian placed second in the 500-yard freestyle. Zhou rounded out the individual events in the meet with a victory for Yale in the 200-yard IM event. For the final event, the 400-yard freestyle relay, the “A” team of Anna Wujciak ’17, Jameson, Zhou, and Hirschi finished in third.

Though neither team pulled out a victory, the overall performances were strong and the teams will look to apply what they learned against Harvard and Princeton in subsequent meets.

“We approached this meet with the same intensity and focus as every meet, working on the details we need to be ready for the Ivies,” Fabian said.

Both teams will be competing at Brown University next weekend in their final meets before the Ivy League Championships.