The University’s impressive showing in elite scholarships this year has continued after four Yale alumni — Tantum Collins ’13, Derek Park ’13, Natalia Emanuel ’13, and Alyssa Bilinski ’13 — won the Marshall Scholarship on Monday morning. The prestigious prize, which is awarded to 40 Americans annually, covers the cost of graduate study and living at a British university of the recipient’s choice for up to two years.

Yale’s success with the Marshall scholarship comes after the University also won three Rhodes scholarships on Sunday. This year’s haul of four Marshall scholars is Yale’s largest in recent years. The University did not win a single Marshall scholarship last year and won one in 2011. Yale won three apiece in 2010 and 2009.

Though the four graduates were all awarded the same prize, their interests and intended fields of study are diverse.

Bilinski, a political science major and global health fellow at Yale, is interested in improving global health through the application of empirical analysis.  She is the only one among the four who did not opt to study at Oxford: instead, she will first pursue a M.Sc. in health policy, planning, and financing, co-taught at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the London School of Economics and Political Science, and then a M.Sc. in epidemiology.

Collins, a global affairs major, spent his first year out of college working on a book with General Stanley McCrystal, a senior fellow at the Jackson Institute. Next fall, Collins will study international relations at Oxford University. At Yale, Collins was the president of the Yale International Relations Association and a freshman counselor in Timothy Dwight College.

Emanuel, who graduated with a degree in economics, currently works as a research assistant for the National Bureau of Economic Research. At Yale, Emanuel worked with the Yale Hunger and Homelessness Action program in the Prison Education program. She also advocated for inmate rights within the New York Department of Correction and helped create America’s first Social Impact Bonds system for the state of Massachusetts. These efforts led Emanuel to be the first undergraduate recipient of the Yale-Jefferson Award, which is awarded for inspirational contributions to public service. At Oxford, Emanuel plans to study evidence-based social intervention.

Park was an intensive ecology and environmental major at Yale before conducting research this year at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. A Beckman Scholar for excellence in the chemistry and biological sciences, Park will pursue a doctorate at Oxford, where he hopes to conduct further cancer research. After his time as a Marshall Scholar, Park hopes to attend medical school and continue a career in research.

RISHABH BHANDARI