Updates were posted here until 11am Monday morning. The full story is now available here.  

Reports of a gunman on campus were confirmed near Old Campus, where freshman dorms are housed, via text update around 11 a.m. Announcements have been broadcast in dorm rooms and sightings of police and the SWAT team have been reported outside Old Campus.

New Haven Police Department Lieutenant Jeff Hoffman confirms no shootings, no injuries.

Rob O’Gara ’16, said that police are concentrated on Elm Street between Saybrook, Berkeley and Old Campus. O’Gara said that, for the past 20 minutes, police have been yelling at each other to “get cover” and at someone else — likely the gunman — to pull back. The standoff has continued since, and officers seen near Saybrook are reported to be carrying rifles.

Maria Bouffard, director of emergency management, confirmed that NHPD and YPD officers have been brought to the scene. Bouffard said that updates will continue to be posted on the University’s official emergency services website as they are received

At 10:20 a.m., the Yale emergency alert system sent out phone calls and text messages to students notifying them of reports of a man with a gun on campus. The messages indicated that an anonymous tip to the NHPD had been made from a phone booth on Columbus Avenue.

The messages told students to remain in place. The University’s PA system, which is used to announce other emergency situations like fires, has not been used. Updates will be posted on the official University website.

Many students have left campus for Thanksgiving break, but those interviewed from campus said that they have not noticed anything unusual other than the alert messages. Cops were not seen around Pierson or Calhoun colleges as of 10:37 a.m.

A 10:50 a.m. text update to students stated the shelter was still in place.

MAREK RAMILO