Chairigami, beware! Scott Stern ’15, president of the Student Origami Society and staff columnist for the News, has published his second how-to origami book. Released last week by Tuttle Publishing, “Fabrigami” teaches the magic craft of paper folding with no paper (just fabric). Now students can add new terms like “squash fold,” “inside-reverse fold” and “blintz base” to their vernacular with no fear of paper cuts.

Making money. Fewer than 30 lucky people work for Snapchat, which Google and Facebook recently offered billions of dollars to acquire. Chloe Drimal ’13 is one of them. Most recently, Business Insider named her “The Luckiest College Graduate Of 2013 for snagging the job straight out of graduation. Here’s hoping the sudden success of Snapchat won’t disappear in 10 seconds or less.

Burning money. It appears that both Yale and Harvard are either burning money for fun or tossing cash into a black hole. The two schools reported deficits above $30 million for the 2013 fiscal year. Harvard’s deficit quadrupled to $34 million, but Yale’s $39 million topped even that amount. If Yale loses the game this year, at least students can brag that the University spent more money!

Explaining the burning of the money. Meanwhile, President Salovey has announced that he will soon begin sending campus-wide updates about Yale’s budget. Uh oh.

“From Jail to Yale.” In a profile from the New Haven Register this weekend, George Chocos DIV ’16 recounted his journey “from jail to Yale.” The 39-year old student spent years in and out of the system. Yet after meeting Reverend Martin Copenhaver DIV ’80, a member of the Divinity School’s Board of Advisors, he applied and was accepted on full scholarship last January.

A meal of miles. The School of Forestry & Environmental Studies celebrated a “100-mile Thanksgiving” on Sunday. All students were encouraged to bring their own dish for the massive potluck affair.

One Moore ranking. A blog post from the Brown Daily Herald ranked the Ivy League universities on “who wore it best” in terms of Henry Moore sculptures. Yale came in fourth with ‘Draped Seated Woman,’ probably because the ranking was biased. Topping the list was the gender neutral fit of abstractionism “Ra Ra Brunonia!” that graces Brown’s campus.

This day in Yale history 1964 Talks between Yale administrators and the Spanish government on the ownership of the allegedly stolen Saragossa manuscripts commence.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS