Tivli, the online TV streaming service Yale uses, announced last Wednesday it would rename its company and rebrand services as Philo.

Philo will expand Tivli’s services by offering a new cloud-based DVR service that allows students to record shows for watching later. Students will be able to record shows on different channels airing simultaneously, in addition to having hours of recording space at no additional cost. Under Philo, streaming will be available on tablets like iPads and mobile phones.

The renaming comes alongside a $6.3 million surge in funding and rapid growth for the two-year-old company. Created by Harvard students Nicholas Krasney and Tuan Ho, Philo was intended to allow college students to watch live TV on their laptops via the Internet without needing access to TV signals. Philo is now used by Harvard, Yale, Wesleyan, and the University of Washington, among others, and the company has plans for additional launches this year.

Yale, currently in an 18-month partnership with Philo, will decide next summer if the collaboration merits continuation.

An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated users could record an unlimited amount of shows. In fact, students are able record up to 10 hours of programming at once.