And it’s a wrap. As of 5:30 p.m. today, reading week will begin. Prepare to spend the next few days hiding in your room as you cram for finals and finish off those papers. But remember to breathe easy — after all, Macklemore is coming.

Somewhere over the rainbow. The night rainbow continues. Since Wednesday evening, a laser light sculpture projecting the full spectrum of the rainbow has been illuminating the Elm City night sky as part of New Haven’s 375th anniversary celebration. “Global Rainbow New Haven” will continue from dusk until 1 a.m. every night through Saturday. Be sure to check it out — it’s not every day you see laser beams originating from East Rock crisscrossing the night sky.

“Jim Jim” Jailed. On Thursday, 30-year-old New Haven resident James “Jim Jim” Dickerson was found guilty of cocaine distribution and now faces anywhere from 10 years to life in prison, the Hartford Courant reported. Dickerson worked as part of a larger New Haven-Hamden drug ring, and his conviction came after a 2010 investigation headed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Administration and local police forces.

Ethical investing. In response to human rights concerns in Congolese mines, a group of students from Yale, Dartmouth and Brown released a joint statement Wednesday urging their respective colleges to reconsider investments in companies whose products use minerals from these mines. According to the statement, these Ivy League schools hold a level of influence over their investors and can inflict significant change by investing in labor-conscious companies or pulling their support from major electronics corporations that allegedly exploit Congolese labor.

Malloy speaks. On Friday, Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy is expected to announce his support for increasing the state’s minimum wage in increments from $8.25, its current level, to $9 by 2015. Though the state Legislature would endorse indexing the state’s minimum wage to inflation, Malloy is not expected to do so. The Connecticut General Assembly last approved a minimum wage in 2008.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1995 The Yale Corporation announces the addition of two new trustees: Bishop Victoria Matthews DIV ’79 and John Pepper ’60, chief executive of Procter & Gamble. Both Matthews and Pepper are elected as successor trustees, filling the voids left by Robert Lynn DIV ’52 and Vernon Loucks ’57. As a result of these appointments, the Corporation now consists of 19 trustees, 16 of whom went to Yale.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS