On Saturday, the women’s lacrosse (4–4, 0–3 Ivy) team fell to archrival Harvard (2–4, 1–2 Ivy) in a 10–5 contest in Cambridge.

Despite Yale’s 2–1 lead after 12 minutes in the first half, Harvard scored six unanswered goals, a deficit that the Bulldogs were not able to overcome. The Elis scored two goals to close the gap to 7–4 with 14 minutes left to play in the second half, but the Crimson added three more goals to close out the game 10–5.

Midfielder Nicole Daniggelis ’16 led the scoring for Yale with two goals on four shots. Attacker Kerri Fleishhacker ’15, midfielder Cathryn Avallone ’15 and midfielder Lauren Wackerle ’16 added one goal apiece, while attacker Jen DeVito ’14 earned one assist.

“I think we need to improve upon turnovers and capitalize on each time we have possession of the ball,” Wackerle said. “Our turnovers really hurt our momentum and chances of mounting a comeback in the game.”

Yale’s scoreless streak was caused by a slew of nine turnovers and many missed opportunities. The Bulldogs finished with 15 turnovers and placed only 11 of their 20 shots on target. Despite dominating draw controls 11–6, demonstrating successful clears and committing fewer fouls, the Crimson won the ground ball battle 21–19 and committed fewer turnovers to gain a big win.

“We have talked about little things we need to tweak before our next game, both as individuals and as a team,” goaltender Erin McMullan ’14 said. “I’m confident we’ll work hard the next couple days in practice and come out strong against [the University of California, Berkeley] on Friday.”

Yale did reduce fouls and yellow cards, a problem in past games, during the contest and can look to continue this in another non-Ivy game. The team has been especially strong in these nonconference games, going 4–1.

Over the break, the Bulldogs beat strong opponent Hofstra 9–7, despite being outshot 28–16. The game featured an eight-save performace by McMullan. Yale overcame Sacred Heart 15–9 on March 12, behind team captain Devon Rhodes’ ’13 six-point night. However, Yale fell to Penn later that week 12–8 despite a six-goal performance by Daniggelis.

The Elis will look to get back on the winning track at Reese Stadium this Friday against Cal at 1 p.m.

FREDERICK FRANK