Spring break: It’s finally here. As midterm season wraps up and the snow finishes melting, take advantage of this time to wind down and relax before the cycle begins again.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis & company. This Spring Fling, it looks like Yalies will get a chance to thrift shop and rock out. Indie band Grouplove, best known for its hit song “Tongue Tied,” will perform at Yale on April 29 — the same day as Spring Fling — according to a concert listing on Grouplove’s website Thursday afternoon. As of last night, the listing had been taken down.

Those three words. Yalies across campus were greeted Thursday morning with a standard email from the Student Employment Office informing that they had received their payment for a student job. Normal enough, but the subject line of the email? “You been paid.” That’s right, and don’t you forget it.

Check your academics. Midterm season is rough, guys. That’s why this is a friendly reminder that today is the last day to drop a class without receiving a “W” on your transcript. It’s also the deadline to apply for double credit in a single-credit course.

Hail to the chief. In a Thursday email to the Yale community, Secretary and Vice President for Student Life Kimberly Goff-Crews ’83 LAW ’86 and music professor Daniel Harrison announced a series of inaugural festivities that will take place in October to celebrate Peter Salovey’s ascendancy to the presidency. The inauguration ceremony will be held from Oct. 10-13, though inaugural festivities will happen throughout the week.

Science superstars. Eight Yale science professors have been named to the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering. Election to the academy is based on significant contributions in theory or applications to scientific and engineering fields. The fabulous eight will be celebrated at the Academy’s 38th annual meeting and dinner on May 22 at Quinnipiac University.

Globe changer. Yale senior Sejal Hathi ’13 has been awarded a 2013 Jefferson “Globechanger” Award for her work in establishing the international nonprofit organization “Girls Helping Girls,” which works to bridge international cultures and focuses on issues concerning poverty, education, public health and peace.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1887 The newly formed New Haven Camera Club meets for the third time to discuss the use of the “swinging back” in the camera and the principles of proper photography.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS