Celebrity sighting. Ever since former Yale graduate student James Franco left the University, Yalies have been starved of Hollywood royalty sightings. But that changed on Monday, when director M. Night Shyamalan was spotted casually eating peanut butter noodles in Berkeley dining hall for lunch. Though the reasons for the Yale trip are still unknown, one SigEp fraternity brother speculated that “all the Signs point to [Shyamalan] coming to The Village of New Haven so he could witness The Happening of daily activities at Yale.” Just sayin’.

It’s not Moon Yale, but still. Starting this Friday, Undergraduate Career Services will open a “satellite” office in Dwight Hall to give students a more convenient location to seek career and internship advice. The office will feature a UCS adviser who will host open hours in the Dwight Hall library every Friday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. for the rest of the year.

Ouch. Things got a little heated when a man in a white Ford Explorer attempted to rob a Dunkin’ Donuts in West Haven this Saturday. After the man in the car attempted to enter the restaurant via the drive-thru window, the fast food chain’s fast-thinking clerk doused him with a cup of hot coffee.

What’s in a name? Not sure, but Gawker may have discovered something. A Monday article from the website compared the most popular names among babies born in 1994 and Yale undergraduates, finding a handful of shared names across both groups. For males, common names included Alexander, David and Christopher, while for females, common names included Elizabeth, Hannah and Rachel.

Green living. President Barack Obama named Gina McCarthy — the former commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection — as the nation’s next head of the Environmental Protection Agency. McCarthy currently heads the EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation, where she tightened limits on soot and mercury emissions.

Marrying Yale to QPac. Quinnipiac law professor Jennifer Gerarda Brown has been named the next dean of Quinnipiac Law School, effective July 1. Brown is married to Yale Law School professor Ian Ayres and has been a senior research scholar in law at Yale since 1998.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1917 Yale Treasurer George Parmly Day announces plans for a “freshman quadrangle” dormitory by York, Elm and High streets. All tenants are asked to move out on July 1 and leave their property vacant for the University.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS