Yale University ranks No. 8 in the “top 10 universities to find a husband.” according to an article by College Magazine.

Boola boola and holla.

Just over a week ago, College Magazine released an article ranking the 10 best colleges for hubby-hunting. The list includes West Point ranked at first place, Brigham Young University at second, Harvard University at fourth and Yale at a disappointing eight, just to name a few.

This is not the first time in the past month that Yale has placed below both BYU and Harvard in a ranking. A recent U.S. News and World article reported that both Brigham Young and Harvard had higher admissions yield rates than Yale. Perhaps now we know why: The high percentages of BYU and Harvard enrollees might correspond to eager college students looking to find the Jay-Z to their Beyoncés.

When browsing this ranking’s results, it is important to keep in mind what CM’s definition of a “husband-material” student entails. For example, considering that Harvard placed above Yale, one can easily deduce that the magazine’s definition takes into little consideration the actual physical attractiveness, general sociability and friendliness of a male student.

CM’s article says that Yale men make good husbands because of their “money and brains.” Perhaps this isn’t the best kind of publicity for Yale men, especially in light of the urban myths regarding inebriated QPac girls who prowl Elm Street at night in search of unsuspecting baby daddies with stable career plans.

Nevertheless, Yale should be proud to be included in CM’s recent ranking. The individuals who have found their princes in the Newest of Havens, including President-elect Salovey’s wife professor Marta Moret SPH ’84, can rejoice in their good fortune. For those who haven’t yet, keep your eyes open at Toad’s. As Rihanna says, you can always find love in a hopeless place.

See the full College Magazine ranking below:

1. U.S. Military Academy (West Point)
  2. Brigham Young University
  3. Washington University in Saint Louis
  4. Harvard University
  5. Texas A&M University
  6. Notre Dame
  7. United States Naval Academy
  8. Yale University
  9. Stanford University
  10. Fordham University

KRISTEN LEE