After falling to No. 1 Princeton last Saturday, the No. 4 men’s squash team had lost two of three machups and was slipping farther afield in the Ivy League title race. But the Bulldogs have regrouped strongly over their past two matches, defeating No. 12 Penn 6–3 on Sunday and sweeping No. 18 Brown on Wednesday night at home at the Brady Squash Center.

“The team played really well against Brown,” team captain Hywel Robinson ’13 said. “Everyone showed renewed focus and determination after a long weekend against Princeton and Penn. It was great to see the strength and depth we have on our team as well as the determination and positive attitude of our walk-on players.”

The Bulldogs came out on Wednesday with its lineup largely unchanged from the team’s previous showings this season at the No.1 through No. 7 spots. The most notable addition was Chris Bradshaw ’15, who faced off against Brown’s Ross Freiman-Mendel in only his second match for Yale. The sophomore walk-on earned his first collegiate win in four matches, and Richard Dodd ’13 and Zachary Leman ’16 defeated their Bear opponents as the Elis swept the first round of matches.

Five of the nine matches played were over in three games. Peter Dewire ’16, Sam Fenwick ’16 and team captain Hywel Robinson ’13 swept the second round of matches, with Eric Caine ’14, Neil Martin ’14 and Kenneth Chan ’13 coming out victorious in the third round of matches. Chan won his second consecutive match and Robinson extended his own personal winning streak to three.

“To be completely honest, it was a tough match,” Caine said. “We played well and were very happy to come out with a 9–0 win.”

This Friday, the Bulldogs will look to take on the No. 8 Dartmouth Big Green at home in their last home match of the regular season. The Big Green have had an rocky season so far, going 7–6 overall and 2–3 in the Ivy League.

Dartmouth is led at the No. 1 position by team captain Chris Hanson ’13 who currently has a winning season record of 9–4. The Big Green will be looking to regain composure after an up and down past two weeks, with two losses and two wins.

“Dartmouth is definitely a team that is competitive,” Chan said. “They will be a good lead-up to the weekend match against Harvard. We are going to have to bring our A-game against Dartmouth to win convincingly.”

Robinson added that the goal for the rest of the season is to win the next two matches in hopes to gain momentum going into nationals.

“After this weekend we have a two week gap,” he said. “This gives us the chance to reload, rebuild and focus on certain areas of training where we all need to improve.”

The Bulldogs will fight the Big Green tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. at the Brady Squash Center in New Haven.