The good news. This week is expected to be warmer than the last, with temperatures averaging in the low 40s and 50s. That said, it’s expected to rain almost all week, so make sure to get your raincoat ready.

The other good news. Chipotle, the long-awaited Mexican grill famous for its burritos and guacamole, is scheduled to open today on Chapel Street. The popular franchise will run from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and fill an untold number of study breaks for hungry Yalies seeking brain food.

Exercising economics. During ECON 116 “Introductory Macroeconomics,” professor Aleh Tsyvinski energized his class by asking everyone in the lecture hall to stand up and follow along to a Japanese calisthenics YouTube video with him. No word on what’s next — yoga?

According to the Connecticut Education Association, a strong majority of teachers said they oppose carrying guns in schools and would support banning the sale and possession of military-style weapons for regular citizens. The survey polled 400 CEA members who represent every district in the state and had a 4.9 percent margin of error.

Beat Harvard. The annual Yale-Harvard Blood Drive competition has begun and will run until Thursday. Organized by the American Red Cross at Yale University, the event is encouraging all students to donate blood. All participants will receive free Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and a Red Cross T-shirt, and will be entered in raffles for prizes at various stores.

Commuting increases. The Metro-North Railroad’s New Haven line saw a record 38.8 million trips in 2012, marking a roughly 1.5 percent increase from last year’s 38.2 million rides, according to Metro-North. The increase came despite the effects of Hurricane Sandy, which forced Metro-North to suspend its service temporarily.

More gun talk. A student task force at Harvard has released a report examining the university’s gun policy, discussing its history of gun-related incidents on campus and recommending policy proposals to prevent campus shootings. The report made five general recommendations, such as banning firearms and mandating that universities regularly perform emergency drills.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1914 Coupon books go on sale for carriages that will take Yalies to and from prom on Feb. 2, 1914. The books are worth $5, $10 and $20 and are being sold by the Kirk Carriage Company.

YALE DAILY NEWS