THE NEWS

• Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations Department Chair John Darnell announced his one-year suspension from the Yale faculty Thursday in a department-wide email, citing multiple violations of University policy over an intimate relationship with a student and professor. Read tomorrow’s News to learn more about the incident.
  • This semester, Yale will debut its first Technology Enabled Active Learning (TEAL) classroom, which uses new technologies to improve students’ classroom experiences. Modeled after similar facilities at North Carolina State University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the TEAL classroom will be home to several courses, mostly in the Physics Department, starting this semester. The goal of the classroom — which is located on the ground floor of 17 Hillhouse, Yale’s old health center — is to facilitate learning through a more interactive format.
  • Yale Dining unveiled its latest addition to a string of dining hall changes this winter break, introducing two new dining plans that allowed students and student-athletes to eat lunch and dinner in Morse and Ezra Stiles dining halls between Jan. 7-12. Despite the extra cost, students said they found the new plans to be useful.

THE WEATHER
High of 53 degrees, low of 28 degrees, chance showers/wintry mix.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Steelcut Oats, Waffle Bar, Banana Nut Muffin

Lunch: Cream of Broccoli Soup, French Onion Soup With Crouton, Penne Nicoise, Lemon Herbed Chicken Breast, All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, All Beef Grilled Hot Dog, Portabella Mediterranean Wrap, Shoestring French Fries, Couscous Salad w/ Dates and Almonds, Roasted Zucchini Salad, Peanut Butter Cookie

Dinner: Cream of Broccoli Soup, French Onion Soup With Crouton, Slow-Roast Salmon with Orange Thyme Butter, Tofu Provencal, Crunchy Baked Pork Chop, All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, Ham Omelet, Kalamata Olive Polenta, Couscous Salad w/ Dates and Almonds, Roasted Zucchini Salad, Apple Nut Cake

In Commons

Not available

YALE DAILY NEWS