Three is better than one. In an effort to increase access to rare languages, Columbia, Cornell and Yale have launched a collaborative project that will use video conferencing to expand the study of less commonly taught languages, such as Polish, Bengali and elementary Nahuatl.

Keep dreaming. It seems that even the Hollywood producers have acknowledged Yale’s superiority over Harvard. In fact, a recent trailer for Fox’s science fiction series “Fringe” features shots of the University’s Old Campus. The catch? The trailer claims to be a scene of Harvard’s campus. As if, Harvard. As if.

Speaking of languages and television. Yale anthropologist Mark Turin was featured on the BBC series “Our Language in Your Hands” this week as he discussed endangered languages in Nepal. The linguist will be back for the second and third part of the series, talking about the different languages in South Africa and New York City.

Off campus and hungry? The Yale College Council and Yale Dining are soliciting feedback from Yalies to create a new meal plan for off-campus students. So now, instead of living off ramen noodles and week-old beer, those of you living off campus may be able to munch on chicken tenders and tofu apple crisp.

Picking up the awards. Yale running back Tyler Varga ’15 has added yet another honor to his trophy case. Yesterday, the football player was named honorable mention Football Championship Subdivision All-American by the Beyond Sports Network. Vargas has led the FCS with 194.2 all-purpose yards per game. Bravo!

Their lives are so hard. Harvard held a “Home from Harvard” workshop yesterday that aimed to help Cantabs cope with the stress of talking about their “little school in Cambridge” when they return home for winter break. The event addressed tough questions such as “How do I talk about Harvard at home?” and “Will I still fit in?” Meanwhile, Yalies spent yesterday afternoon gearing up for Mistletoad’s.

Oh no. State Comptroller Kevin Lembo has increased the state budget deficit estimate to $415 million, prompting a wave of concerns about additional cost-cutting procedures that may be implemented in response. Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy’s budget cuts announced last week have already led to a hiring freeze among higher education institutions across the state.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1924 A planned horse show for Yale’s ROTC officers is postponed after the University’s horses catch a contagious illness.

YALE DAILY NEWS