As the University continues its efforts to address sexual misconduct issues on campus, at least two separate cases of sexual assault were reported in the past week.

Since Nov. 28, Yale Police Department Chief Ronnell Higgins has emailed members of the University community twice about different cases of sexual assault that had been reported on or near Yale’s campus. In a campuswide email sent yesterday, Higgins said the YPD received an anonymous report that a Yale student had reported being sexually assaulted by an acquaintance, who Higgins said is also a Yale student.  On Nov. 28, Higgins notified the community of a separate report of sexual assault that had been brought to the YPD’s attention, which occurred off campus and involved a Yale student and an acquaintance.

The names and genders of the victims and aggressors were not disclosed.

Both cases are currently under investigations by the YPD, Higgins wrote in the email, adding that he encourages members of the Yale community with knowledge of the incidents to call the Yale Police’s phone number at (203) 432-4400.

Higgins also reminded students that they can seek help from the Sexual Harassment and Assault Response & Education Center (SHARE Center), a Title IX coordinator, the University-Wide Committee on Sexual Misconduct, Yale University Health Services and victims’ advocacy services.