THE NEWS

• Yale broke a record this year with seven Rhodes scholars, the largest number ever from the University. Read more about these bright Yalies in tomorrow’s News.
  • Deans representing the University’s cultural centers decided in a meeting last month to extend the curfew for all cultural house events from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. The extended event hours are part of a larger effort to provide a “safe, fun and non-alcoholic” social alternative that will last longer into the night, said Luming Chen ’14, head coordinator of the Asian American Cultural Center.
  • Despite adding jobs in October, Connecticut’s unemployment rate rose marginally to 9.0 percent as residents re-entered the labor market. While the rate rose, Connecticut added 1,200 jobs in October, indicating more people are entering the job market — a change politicians and experts said is a sign for cautious optimism.

THE WEATHER
High of 47 degrees, low of 28 degrees, mostly sunny and chance of snow.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: No menu available

Lunch: Grilled-to-order Star Ranch All Natural Burgers & Cheeseburgers, All Natural chicken Breasts, Jumbo All Beef Franks, Gardenburgers The Original, Gardenburger Black Bean Veggie Burgers, or Grilled Tofu, plus French Fries.

Dinner: Grilled-to-order Star Ranch All Natural Burgers & Cheeseburgers, All Natural chicken Breasts, Jumbo All Beef Franks, Gardenburgers The Original, Gardenburger Black Bean Veggie Burgers, or Grilled Tofu, plus French Fries.

In Commons

No menu available

YALE DAILY NEWS