The Yale early application deadline has been further extended to Nov. 9 for students still impacted by the residual effects of Hurricane Sandy, which tore up the East Coast last week.

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions announced at the end of October that the Early Action deadline for hurricane-affected students would be extended from the original date of Nov. 1 to Nov. 5. This Monday, the office announced that the deadline is now midnight on Nov. 9, to account for “power outages and school closings.”

“If it is impossible for you to submit your application online, you may mail it to us by the same deadline,” read a notice on the admissions website. “We will communicate with students from the affected areas by email after November 9 with additional information regarding the review of their Early Action applications.”

The admissions page also notes that some students who were scheduled to take the SAT or SAT Subject Tests on Nov. 3 — when test centers were closed due to weather conditions — will still have their results considered, after they come in from the rescheduled test date.

The office notes that it will communicate with students from the affected areas via email after Nov. 9 to provide additional information about the review of their applications.

AMY WANG