For the second year in a row, the Yale Licensing Office has rejected Yale’s Freshman Class Council’s shirt design for the Yale-Harvard game, which this year featured the word “Cheaters” under an altered Harvard logo.

The shirt was a reference to a recent cheating scandal that has hit our Crimson neighbors.

“[The shirts have] always been a way to drive up spirit for The Game, and [have] always poked fun at Harvard,” said FCC Treasurer Rafi Bildner ’16. FCC President William Sadock ’16 said they selected the design because it was a “recognizable scandal at Harvard that informed Yalies would understand.”

Unlike the front of the shirt, the back — which reads “Putting the ‘Veritas’ in :Lux et Veritas” — may not need to change.

If the Yale Licensing Office does reject the design of the back — based on Harvard’s criteria — the FCC will have to choose a different design from the other submissions, Saddock said, adding that the group “hope[s] to continue with the cheating scandal as a theme.”

“This is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year…and it’s a shame that we have to go back to the drawing board,” Bildner said.

The FCC met at 3 p.m. Friday to come up with another plan for the shirts. More to come on the new design.

Correction: Nov. 3, 2012

A previous version of this story incorrectly said the Harvard Licensing Office rejected the T-shirt design; in fact, the Yale Licensing Office rejected the design based on Harvard’s criteria. In addition, William Sadock’s name was misspelled.

HANNAH SCHWARZ