Take me to New York. Commuters taking the Metro-North today will enjoy a free ride all the way to Grand Central Station. Following three days of suspended service due to damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, Conn. Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Wednesday that there would be no fare for state Metro-North commuters for the rest of the week. Full New Haven rail line services will also resume today.

A blue state indeed. Blue State on Wall Street has been temporarily closed since the storm due to power issues, according to a sign posted on the coffee shop’s window yesterday afternoon. Looks like Hurricane Sandy’s presence is still lingering on campus even days after it stormed through the Elm City.

Raise your voice. The Yale College Council is encouraging students to submit questions to University President Richard Levin for an upcoming town hall meeting that will be moderated by YCC President John Gonzalez ’14. Submissions will be accepted through Sunday and can relate to any issues students feel are most important to Yale.

Hit the road, Jack! Yale Transit has been hit with a case of vandalism, forcing officials to close the shuttle’s yellow line yesterday as several vehicles needed to undergo repairs. Yale Transit said the vehicles will be back on the road as soon as the tires are replaced.

Casinos collect the cash. Connecticut’s casinos have seen an increase in business after Hurricane Sandy ravaged the East Coast. Some are suggesting that the boost may stem from casino closures in Atlantic City, which has had to battle widespread power outages. Neither of Connecticut’s two casinos lost power during the storm.

Laugh the night away. Tomorrow is the Yale College Council’s Fall Comedy Show featuring comedian John Mulaney, a writer for Saturday Night Live who has performed on several late-night talk shows. Shon Arieh-Lerer ’14 and Ryan Bowers ’14 will perform the opening acts.

Piling up. Economic damages created by Hurricane Sandy could total $30 billion to $50 billion in damages, The New York Times reported Thursday. Some economists fear that the storm could cut off a half percentage point from the nation’s economic growth for the current quarter.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1993 University officials decide to eliminate the position of “bursar,” an administrator who was responsible for ensuring students paid their tuition. In lieu of the vacant position, the bursar’s responsibilities will be handled by other administrators instead.