Applications for “Leadership,” the seminar taught by retired four-star general Stanley McChrystal have been released.

The Jackson Institute for Global Affairs emailed student in its graduate and undergraduate global affairs concentrations this morning with details about the seminar and a link to the online application.

McChrystal, who served as the commander of American forces in Afghanistan, came to Yale in 2010 as a senior fellow of the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs. This will be the third year he is offering the course, which garnered over 250 applications for 20 spots last year. Though the course is a graduate-level seminar, some slots will be reserved for undergraduates.

According to the email, sent by the Jackson Institute’s registrar Alice Kustenbauder, the course will examine the execution leadership in today’s world, using historical and contemporary case studies to identify trends in fields including politics, business, education and warfare. Students in the seminar will also consider factors such as risk assessment, the military and the role of the modern media.

McChrystal served in the military for 34 years until he was relieved of his position after making disparaging remarks about top White House officials in Rolling Stone Magazine.

Applications are due Nov. 26 and students will be notified of acceptance by early January.