The hurricane may be over, but the clean up has just begun.

For the next three days, Yale will offer support services — such as warm showers, ice and discounted lunches — to all faculty, staff and students who have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy, announced University Secretary and Vice President for Student Life Kimberly Goff-Crews ’83 LAW ’86 and Vice President for Human Resources and Administration Michael Peel in a Tuesday afternoon email to the Yale community.

Several hotels will also offer a lower rate for Yale employees, wrote Goff-Crews and Peel in the email. These hotels include the Hampton Inn and Suites in West Haven, the Holiday Inn in North Haven and the Fairfield Inn in Wallingford, Conn.

In addition, Payne Whitney Gymnasium reopened Tuesday afternoon, making its shower facilities available to members of the Yale community from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, with regular hours beginning on Thursday.

Hot lunch will be served in Commons for $5 through Friday, and ice will be available at the corner of Grove and College streets each morning and evening.

The email also instructed community members to call 203-432-5552 Tuesday or Wednesday to “report any critical immediate clothing needs or long-term housing issues,” and provided contact information for childcare resources and various essential services.