All classes and “non-essential services” will be canceled Monday due to Frankenstorm, Vice President Linda Lorimer announced in a Sunday email. Administrators will notify the Yale community whether Tuesday classes will also be canceled by 2 p.m. on Monday.

Read the full email below:

To the Yale Community

Re: CLASSES AND NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES CANCELLED FOR MONDAY

From Linda Koch Lorimer

REGULAR UPDATES ON THE WEB – Please monitor www.emergency.yale.edu for both weather updates and announcements.

FACULTY AND STUDENTS – ALL CLASSES CANCELLED IN ALL SCHOOLS OF YALE UNIVERSITY FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 29. A decision about Tuesday classes will be made by Monday AT 2 PM, at the latest. After the storm system passes, each Dean will be conferring with the faculty of his or her School about any arrangements for make-up classes.

STAFF – ONLY ESSENTIAL STAFF ARE REQUIRED TO COME TO WORK ON MONDAY. We all owe a great debt to the hundreds of essential staff who have already made plans to be on campus starting tonight and/or tomorrow to care for the campus and undertake essential services ranging from dining to health services to utilities, police/security and grounds—and many others. If you have any doubt about whether you are considered an essential service provider, please contact your supervisor immediately.

NOTE: Those staff with clinical responsibilities for patients at Yale Medical Group or the Hospital will receive a special email from the Medical School tonight to outline which staff will be needed to report to work since some patients will be seen tomorrow.

For all staff who do not provide essential services, your work is cancelled for Monday and you should not report to work. Because the University is undertaking the almost unprecedented action of cancelling classes and closing offices on Monday, you will receive your regular pay and not be asked to use vacation/sick time. We will make the decision about Tuesday work requirements by Monday early evening.

YALE HEALTH – Urgent Care will continue to operate throughout the storm. All non-emergency appointments for Monday will need to be rescheduled. Please call to reschedule once the storm has passed.

OFFICES ARE CLOSED for Monday except for essential services. This means that all of the libraries, the Payne Whitney Gym, and regular student support services will not be available. As noted above, the Medical School will be making its own decisions about the clinical practices for patients.

ALL EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED FOR MONDAY. This includes rehearsals, performances, varsity, club, and intramural sports practices and contests, and the like.

TRANSPORTATION – The fixed-route Yale Shuttle System will not be operating after Midnight tonight. The door-to-door Safe Rides will also stop operations at midnight; if you have a true transportation emergency, please call 203-785-5555. We will post when Yale Transportation Services resume on www.emergency.yale.edu

ON-CAMPUS CURFEW – At some point, we will issue a campus curfew for those living on campus. We will issue a separate notice once we have clarity about when it should begin.

DINING. Separate emails are being sent to Yale College students with details about their dining and other arrangements.

For Graduate and Professional students with dining contracts, limited dining will be provided at HGS, the Divinity Refectory, and Marigold’s at the Medical School on Monday (brunch from 11 to 1 pm; dinner from 5 pm to 7 pm.) Other satellite dining facilities will not be operating Monday.

COMMUNICATIONS. We encourage all students, staff, and faculty to communicate with your families in advance of the storm. Keep your cell phone batteries charged. Remember that cell phone towers may be affected by the high winds that are anticipated, and telephone land lines may not function if the power is interrupted.

HELP AFTER THE STORM. To help with those who will lose power, the Gym will be open for showers; Dining has ordered ice and will offer reduced price meals in Commons once it reopens. We will work with individuals and families at Yale who suffer particular damage to see how we can rally to be of help.

IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, DIAL 911 or the Yale Police at 203-432-4400.