THE NEWS

• When Yale’s two new residential colleges are completed, the student body will grow by roughly 800 students. Though the number of tenured and tenure-track professors in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences has hovered around 700 since the 2008 financial downturn, the number dropped to 682 this fall, down from 691 in 2011 and over 700 in 2010, Deputy Provost Lloyd Suttle said in a Sunday email.
  • In response to the rapidly changing technological world, the Graduate School has appointed Robin Ladouceur GRD ’04 to serve as an assistant dean overseeing communication. Ladouceur will work to strengthen and streamline communications, said Thomas Pollard, dean of the Graduate of Arts and Sciences. In addition to traditional decanal duties, Ladouceur will oversee all Graduate School communications, including the newsletter, emails and social networking.
  • This semester has seen a significant increase in activities offered by the Native American Cultural Center because of a higher involvement from Native American students in the class of 2016. The Native American community is typically one of the smaller cultural groups at Yale, but students and staff have noticed an increase in involvement over the past two years because of the higher number of freshman and sophomore Native American students, said Elizabeth Rule ’13, vice president of the Association of Native Americans at Yale

THE WEATHER

High of 64 degrees, low of 48 degrees, showers.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Maple Flavored Organic Oatmeal, Waffle Bar, Blueberry Oat Tea Bread

Lunch: Cream of Roasted Tomato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Braised Lentils With Kale, Crunchy Pork Chop, Chili Dog, All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled Garden Burger, Pita with Chickpea, Spinach & Cukes, Shoestring French Fries, Farro Waldorf Salad, Creamy Coleslaw, Iced Red Velvet Heath Bar Cupcake, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie with Organic Ingredients

Dinner: Meatless Jambalaya, Grits, Southern Fried Chicken, All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, Blackened Catfish Fillet, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Farro Waldorf Salad, Creamy Coleslaw, Apple Crumb Pie

In Commons

Breakfast: Cream Of Wheat, Texas French Toast, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Waffle Bar, Zucchini Frittata, Scrambled Egg Whites, Shredded Potatoes, Blueberry Oat Tea Bread

Lunch: Cream Of Roasted Tomato Soup, Turkey & Wild Rice Soup, Lime & Cilantro Carne Asada, Quinoa Black Bean & Corn Pilaf, Penne, Turkey Quesadilla, Grilled Frankfurter, Pepperoni Pizza, Broccoli & Tofu, Shrimp Fried Rice, Jasmine Rice, Vegetable Curry, Italian Deli Zep, Refried Black Beans, Spiced Roasted Local Carrots, Creamy Coleslaw, Chick Pea Salad, Iced Red Velvet Heath Bar Cupcake, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie with Organic Ingredients