It is a new week for Yale football as the Bulldogs take the field for their home opener.

The Elis (1-1, 0-1 Ivy) are looking to put last week’s 45-6 loss at Cornell behind them as they open play at the Yale Bowl against Colgate (1-3, 0-0 Patriot).

“We just have to correct the little things [for this week],” offensive lineman William Chism ’15 said. “The good news is that the effort was there.”

Despite the score last week, running back Mordecai Cargill ‘13 was impressed that the team did not give up against the Big Red. He added that previous teams he has been a part of at Yale might have stopped fighting last week, so the team’s resilence is a good sign for upcoming games.

The Raiders visit New Haven coming off their own disappointing loss. They came within one point but ultimately fell to Stony Brook 32-31 last Saturday.

Despite its three losses, Colgate has been outscored by only seven total points through four games this season. Coach Reno said that the Raiders have been in every game.

“[Colgate has] played three playoff football teams in the first four weeks,” Reno said. “You can make an argument that they could’ve won all of them.”

Reno cited Colgate’s balance as its strength and called the team Yale’s most balanced opponent to date. He added that they have a very “active” defense.

One weakness that Colgate has had this year is defending against the run. The Raiders have given up 5.4 yards per carry this season.

With the Bulldogs averaging 168 yards on the ground themselves, the matchup on the ground favors the Blue and White.

Although tomorrow will be the first game in the Yale Bowl for the class of 2016, defensive back Cole Champion ’16 said that Reno and the coaching staff have gotten them prepared for the atmosphere.

“I’m excited to get out there on a Saturday,” he said. “We’ve scrimmaged in there twice always so that will kind of help us get a feel for what it’s going to be like on Saturday.”

The Yale Bowl will not be the first big stage that Champion has played on. When Champion was playing for St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Florida, his team traveled to Dallas to play in Cowboy Stadium.

The Bulldogs and Raiders will kick off at noon. Tomorrow will be Youth Day at the Bowl. All children participating in Youth Day will receive free admission to the game.