In a move that shocked no one, the Emmy for Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series went to beauty school (er, Yale) dropout Claire Danes ’02 Sunday night.

It’s Danes’ second Emmy, and the first for her role as an officer for the Central Intelligence Agency in Showtime’s “Homeland.” To take home the trophy, Danes beat out the likes of Elisabeth Moss, Michelle Dockery, Glenn Close, Kathy Bates and Julianna Marguiles.

How’d she do it? “Homeland” follows Danes as Carrie Mathison, a CIA officer working in counter-terrorism who suspects an American prisoner of war of having been recruited to work as a double agent for Al Qaeda.

This was Danes’ second Emmy and third nomination—she received her first nomination for her portrayal of teenager Angela Chase in the short-lived series “My So Called Life,” which has since gained a cult following.

Danes wasn’t the only Yalie at the Emmys: Allison Williams ’10, who plays Marnie in HBO’s “Girls,” walked the red carpet in an emerald green Oscar de la Renta gown that landed her at the top of numerous best-dressed lists.

“Sorry, but when we saw Allison Williams in this green Oscar de la Renta gown, it took us a minute or two to recover. Honestly, she’s just THAT good,” wrote Liza Darwin for MTV Style, noting that Williams’ combination of “peplum, an emerald hue, and a directional silhouette” reflected some of the season’s major trends.

ANYA GRENIER