Lishan Wang, the man accused of murdering a Yale doctor in 2010, made his 30th appearance in New Haven Superior Court on Tuesday, filing motions that the judge said amounted to “poetry and philosophy,” the Branford Eagle reported.

During Tuesday’s pre-trial hearing, Wang filed a series of motions that included statements Judge Roland Fasano said could be seen as admissions of guilt. Pre-trial hearings in Wang’s case began in January, after 21 months of arguments over the defendant’s mental state and planned self-defense. Fasano has not yet set a date for trial.

“These latest group of motions to a large degree are repetitious, irrelevant to charges filed and at times may be considered slanderous to others,” Fasano said to Wang, the Eagle reported. “You have to understand you are here for a legal process, for a trial. Poetry and philosophy are not relevant to this case.”

Wang is charged with the murder of School of Medicine clinical fellow Vajinder Toor in Branford on April 26, 2010. Wang filed a motion to subpoena documents and information on Toor — the two worked together at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. in 2008 — as part of a federal case he has launched against the medical center. In that motion, Wang labelled Toor’s conduct toward him as “malicious,” “disgusting,” “hurtful” and “evil.” Wang also filed a motion asking the Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate doctors at the Kingsbrook center.

In addition, Wang addressed a series of poems and letters to Fasano in a bid to demonstrate the multifaceted personality of “the defendant.” In one of the poems, titled “I am a Different Species,” Wang wrote that “Injustice invigorates me like a trumpet / Calling for a march to the battlefield.”

The theme of injustice appears in several of the legal motions Wang filed, according to the Eagle.

Wang is charged with murder, carrying weapons in a motor vehicle, criminal attempt to commit murder, possession of a handgun with no permit and unlawful discharge of a firearm.

In 2010, Wang allegedly shot Toor multiple times in the parking lot outside Toor’s Branford condominium, and attempted to shoot Toor’s wife, who survived unscathed. When police arrested Wang, they found three handguns, more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition and Google Maps directions to Toor’s home in his vehicle.

Wang is set to appear in court at 2 p.m. on May 29.