All season, the Elis have been looking for games where they put all aspects of the game together at once, and yesterday’s game proved to be just that.

Yale got strong performances from two freshman pitchers and nine hits to sink Sacred Heart University 7-4 at Yale Field on Tuesday, continuing its winning streak.

“All four pitchers were great, but it was special that the freshmen pitchers, Eric Hsieh ’15 and Ben Joseph ’15, stepped up,” shortstop Cale Hanson ’14 said.

The win not only got back at the Pioneers for the loss Yale suffered against them two weeks ago, but also marked the first time the Elis (9-26-1, 2-10 Ivy) won back-to-back games since March 23-24 against Hartford.

“We have met the Pioneers before, and we were falling behind in the beginning, but it turned out to be a good game with high energy,” Hanson said.

Although it was not an Ivy League match, eager fans showed up at Yale Field to help support the local rivalry.

“The fans in the right field were really our fighting factors,” pitcher Michael Coleman ’14 said.

However, Yale did not start off on the right foot.

After giving away one run in the first inning, the Elis slipped again in the second by allowing another two runs.

But in the third inning, the Bulldogs began a dramatic comeback.

Dave Boisture could not get the third out in the third inning pitching for Sacred Heart (11-24, 7-5 NEC) and gave up four runs before getting pulled. The big blow came off the bat of second baseman Jacob Hunter ’14, who drove in Hanson with a two-run home run to left-centerfield. Hanson had just extended his Ivy League-best on-base streak to 34 games with a double before Hunter’s blast.

With the score narrowed to 4-2 in Sacred Heart’s favor, designated hitter Josh Scharff ’13 hit a two-run triple to even the score.

The Bulldogs tacked on two more runs in the fourth on a run-scoring single by Hanson and a sacrifice fly by Hunter.

The rest of the game belonged to Yale hurler Joseph, who struck out six Pioneers while letting just one runner reach base.

“It was good to be back and help the team win despite my arm troubles,” Joseph said.

Joseph earned his first collegiate victory since he was the Bulldogs’ pitcher when the game became official in the fifth inning.

Southpaw Hsieh gave up three earned runs over four innings, but kept the Elis in the game and left with a 6-4 lead heading into the fifth inning.

Pitcher Chris O’Hare ’13 tossed a scoreless eighth and Greg Lyons ’12 earned his first save of the season with a scoreless ninth.

Coleman said yesterday’s match had fantastic hitting with consistent pitching.

The Bulldogs will return to Ivy League competition this weekend, this time taking on the Dartmouth (12-15, 7-5 Ivy) for a pair of doubleheaders.

Joseph said all the team wants is to sweep its opponents.

The upcoming matches will be an opportunity for Yale to grab third place in the conference standings. Yale is currently in fourth place, but Harvard and Brown, who hold the second and third places respectively, will face each other this weekend.

“Dartmouth is in first place whereas we are on the bottom,” Hanson said. “We have nothing to lose but everything to gain.”