Three New Haven Police Department officers were arrested Friday morning for their involvement in an off-duty shooting incident outside the State Street bar Christopher Martin’s last Sunday.

The NHPD secured arrest warrants from the State’s Attorney’s office Thursday evening for the three officers, who voluntarily turned themselves in at police headquarters on Union Avenue this morning. Officers Lawrence Burns and Charles Kim were charged with interfering with a police officer, unlawful discharge of a firearm and reckless endangerment in the first degree, while Officer Krzystof Ruszczyk was charged with interfering with a police officer.

The arrests came after a week of investigation conducted by the NHPD’s Internal Affairs and Investigative Services divisions, said NHPD spokesman David Hartman. The investigation began after NHPD officers responded to a report of gunshots around State and Pearl streets at 2:27 a.m. Sunday and learned that fellow officers were involved in the incident.

“No one was shot at, no one was hit, no property was damaged,” NHPD Chief Dean Esserman said at a Sunday press conference addressing the incident. “The actions of the few do not speak for the many.”

Esserman asked the three officers to surrender their guns, badges and police identification Sunday afternoon and promised the NHPD would “move rapidly” in its investigation of the incident.

The three officers will appear in court for their arraignment April 20.