Bulldog days. Temperatures soared into the low 70s on Wednesday, bringing Frisbees, bleach-white legs and even a bulldog strongly resembling Handsome Dan to Cross Campus.

He’s back! Just days after news broke that James Franco GRD ’16 would not enroll at the University of Houston in the fall, the actor was spotted at various campus locations on Wednesday. Franco was spotted in Berkeley’s north court around noon, with a group of people who had film equipment.

Marijuana has support. A Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday showed that 68 percent of the poll’s respondents said they support allowing patients with a chronic illness to obtain small amounts of marijuana with a prescription. Only 27 percent said they oppose the legalization of medical marijuana in Connecticut.

Celebration. The Persian New Year has come to Yale’s dining halls. The holiday, known as “norouz” in Farsi, takes place each year on the spring equinox. Iranian Students at Yale teamed up with Yale Dining to set up a traditional haftsin (pronounced “haft-seen”) in Commons and each residential college dining hall.

Might want to skip dessert. It’s March, which means it’s time for Girl Scout cookies. New Haven Girl Scout troop 60630 will be in the Branford dining hall during dinner on Thursday and Pierson dining hall during dinner on Friday selling the famous cookies. One box costs $4.

Kitty and the Bee. Eleven-year-old Kitty Shortt of Clinton, Conn., spelled “dyslexia” correctly to win the New Haven Register’s Spelling Bee. Her win earns her $2,500 and the honor of representing the area in the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.

Speaking of tweens. In case you hadn’t heard, the film version of Suzanne Collins’ novel “The Hunger Games” opens at 12:01 a.m. Friday morning. Yalies are getting in on the action, too, posting to Facebook groups in search of tickets to a midnight showing.

As if Zooey wasn’t enough. Just two weeks after the Whiffenpoofs performed with indie songstress Zooey Deschanel in Southern California, a video popped up on YouTube earlier this week of the Whiffs performing Robyn’s “Call Your Girlfriend” with Jesse Tyler Ferguson, a star of ABC’s “Modern Family.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1992 Presidential hopefuls Bill Clinton LAW ’73 and Jerry Brown LAW ’64 campaign in New Haven in advance of a March 24 presidential primary.