Yale’s No. 1 women’s sailing and No. 2 coed sailing teams ended spring break on a high note — both teams clinched first-place finishes in the final weekend of the recess.

The women’s team reached second place at its second spring season regatta in Charleston on March 3 and 4, followed by fifth place at Navy Intersectional in Annapolis the subsequent weekend. The team rounded off the spring break with a victory at the St. Mary’s Intersectional last weekend.

The coed team placed third at the Eckerd Intersectional in its first weekend of the break and fifth in the following weekend’s St. Mary’s Team Race. Last weekend, the team came in fifth at the Veitor Trophy but rose to first place at the Truxton Umsted Intersectional at the Naval Academy.

“I think we were able to sail really well despite the light and tricky conditions,” Marlena Fauer ’14 said. “We definitely learned a lot from our mistakes and are ready to take this gained knowledge to the next regatta to further improve.”

The weekends challenged the sailors with a range of weather conditions, ranging from 30-knot gusts on the first weekend to breezes of less than five knots during the third weekend. Fauer said the teams faced shifting and unpredictable wind patterns that made it difficult for them to prepare for each race.

Despite the victories this weekend, including a 28-point lead by the coed team last weekend, sailing head coach Zachary Leonard said both teams still have room to improve.

“All of the sailors performed well during at least one weekend,” Leonard said. “[But] few performed well during all three of them.”

Improving consistency will be a key focus in the teams’ training this season, he added, which will consist of practices out in the water on Tuesdays through Friday. He added that he is optimistic that the teams will continue to deliver a strong performance in upcoming regattas.

The women’s team will head to Medford, Mass., next weekend for the Duplin Trophy, while the coed team will participate in three regattas, all happening Saturday and Sunday. The coed team will host the Owen, Mosbacher and Knapp Trophies, which serve as the de facto Ivy League sailing championships, and other members of the team will attend the Boston Dinghy Cup at MIT or the Southern Series One at Salve Regina.