Two Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies faculty have been granted named professorships, the environment school announced in a press release on Friday.

Xuhui Lee, whose research focuses on the “exchanges of radiation, heat, water, and trace gases between vegetation and the atmosphere,” will become the Sara Shallenberger Brown Professor of Meteorology. John Wargo GRD ’84, whose work focuses on environmental policy and risk analysis, is now the Tweedy/Ordway Professor of Environmental Health and Politics.

Lee, who studied at the Nanjing Institute of Meteorology and received a Ph.D. in soil science from the University of British Columbia, became an assistant professor at FES in 1994 and was promoted to professor in 2002. He is the editor in chief of the journal Agricultural and Forest Meteorology.

Wargo is the director of undergraduate studies for the environmental studies major. At Yale, he has taught courses in environmental policy, politics and law at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. He is currently researching the tension between more energy-efficient buildings and the increased concentration and variety of chemicals in indoor areas.

“Xuhui and John have contributed immensely to the advancement of environmental scholarship, as well as to the life of the school,” Peter Crane, dean of the environment school, said in Friday’s press release. “They are richly deserving of this honor.”