Love songs. Assistant professor Sarah Demers was treated to not one, not two, but three singing valentines during her “Physics of Music” class Monday. As members of the Yale Slavic Chorus and of a cappella group The New Blue serenaded Demers with love songs, Demers looked embarrassed but “dealt with it well,” a tipster who took photographs said.

Flower lady gets competition. A temporary stand selling roses appeared at the corner of York and Elm streets Monday.

Stop, thief! Students eating in the Ezra Stiles dining hall on Monday were greeted by “valentines” posted on the walls exhorting them to return missing dishware. One read: “Roses are red/Violets are blue/Our silverware and china are MISSING/Can it be you?”

No more Sex Week. Sex Week 2012 wraps up today with the last event in a faculty lunch series and a 6 p.m. talk by “pleasure activist” and sexologist Carol Queen. True Love Week held its last event on Sunday, but members of Undergraduates for a Better Yale College are encouraging students to go on traditional dates tonight.

Get tested. Sex Week’s STI testing drive ends today, too. HIV and general STI testing will take place in WLH 309 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Perks of being a good teacher. Two professors were awarded DeVane Medals at a Phi Beta Kappa banquet Monday, in recognition of their commitment to undergraduate teaching. Peter Brooks, a professor emeritus of comparative literature, and Kang-I Sun Chang, a professor of East Asian languages and literatures, were chosen to receive the prize by the graduate members and undergraduate members of Phi Beta Kappa, respectively.

Trouble in Davenport. After windows in Davenport’s common room were smashed, the lock to the Davenport Dive was broken and the college’s seminar room was trashed this weekend, Davenport Master Richard Schottenfeld is considering banning parties in the college until students come forward with information about the incidents.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1964 A News poll finds that after the publication of a government report on smoking in mid-January, at least half of smokers at Yale attempted to change their habits, switching to pipes and cigars, or gum, instead of cigarettes. “Our English class used to look like a political caucus, now it looks like the Bazooka Clubhouse,” one sophomore said, describing the change.