The women’s hockey team has faced a long and difficult road this season, but the Bulldogs hope to improve their less-than-stellar record in back-to-back conference games at Ingalls Rink this weekend.

Indeed, they must improve upon their record in order to remain in the running for a playoff spot.

“Every game from here on out is do-or-die for us,” head coach Joakim Flygh said. “We have to find a way to get points every weekend.”

The Bulldogs (1–8–0 ECAC, 1–15–0), ranked last in the conference, will take on Clarkson (12–6–4 , 6–3–1 ECAC) and St. Lawrence (11–7–3, 5–4–1 ECAC) on Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 4 p.m. respectively. The Golden Knights are tied with Harvard for fourth place in the conference, while the Saints are in the seventh position.

Flygh noted that both of the Bulldogs’ weekend opponents are very talented adding that that he expects physicality from Clarkson and speed from St. Lawrence. Clarkson goalie Erica Howe is tied for second place in the country with five shutouts, a 0.926 save percentage and a 1.76 goals-against average.

Forward Stephanie Mock ’15 and Flygh both said that the Bulldogs are focusing on increasing their scoring opportunities, and “not just taking shots, but shooting to score.”

Technically, Yale is still vying for a playoff spot this season, with only 13 conference games remaining. But the Elis lag five points behind Brown (2–4–3 ECAC, 5–5–6) and Colgate (3–6–1 ECAC, 8–12–1) — the two teams tied for the final and critical eighth place in the conference. The eighth-ranked team is the final team to compete in the the playoffs.

Senior goalie Genny Ladiges ’12 said that despite the team’s losing record, she is trying to “savor every moment” and end her final season without any regrets. Ladiges has a 0.905 save percentage and 3.87 goals-against average in the conference.

“We’re focusing on finishing out the season on a high note and doing everything we can to achieve success,” she said.

The Bulldog’s last and only win of the season was on Nov. 11, when they beat Union 3–2 in overtime.