Whether you are a true cinephile or just sometimes end up watching “Roseanne,” you have one more reason to watch the Golden Globes this year. On Thursday, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced its nominees for the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards — and several Yalies, listed below, were nominated to take home Oscar’s shining, orb-shaped little brother.

• Academy Award-winning actress and legend Meryl Streep DRA ’74 has been nominated for Best Actress in a Drama for her performance as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady. This is Streep’s 26th nomination for a Golden Globe. Streep, a goddess, holds the record for the most Golden Globe Award nominations and wins.
  • Academy Award-winning actress Jodie Foster ’85 has received a nomination for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for playing a politically correct mother in Roman Polanski’s Carnage.
  • Romeo + Juliet actress and college dropout Claire Danes ’02 earned a nomination for Best Actress in a Television Series – Drama for her role as a CIA operations officer in Showtime’s Homeland.
  • David Duchovny GRD ’87, star of The X-Files, has been nominated for Best Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical for his lead role in Californication, a series about a troubled novelist (Duchovny) who, upon moving to California, learns that life in the Golden State isn’t all collagen and Jamba Juice.
  • Paul Giamatti ’89 DRA ’94 has been nominated as Best Supporting Actor in a television series for his performance in the HBO television movie Too Big To Fail.
  • Morgan Freeman, who recently visited campus as a 2011 Chubb Fellow, will receive the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement.

The 69th Golden Globes Awards presentation will be held on January 15, 2012.