THE NEWS

• The Yale College Council is pushing for Yale to give undergraduates an extra three weeks in the semester for deciding whether to take classes Credit/D/Fail.

The YCC submitted a proposal to Yale College Dean Mary Miller last week that would allow students to elect to take courses Credit/D/Fail up to five weeks into the semester — three weeks later than the current deadline at the end of shopping period.

• Paul Desan MED ’93, director of the Winter Depression Research Clinic at the Yale School of Medicine, recently submitted an improved version of a light box — one of the most popular treatments for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) — to the Food and Drug Administration for review. If approved, the device would be the first ever light box to be federally recognized for SAD, greatly improving the light box market for consumers, Desan said.
  • In a rare appearance outside its reservation in New Mexico and Arizona, the Supreme Court of the Navajo Nation came to Yale to meet with students and hear a case on campus Monday evening.

About 250 people watched in the Law School Auditorium as the Court judged the case Navajo Nation v. RJN Construction Management, Inc., Robert J. Nelson and The Home for Women and Children, which involves a dispute over land ownership.

THE WEATHER

High of 62 degrees, low of 47 degrees, chance of showers.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Maple Flavored Organic Oatmeal, Waffle Bar, Ham & Cheese Scones

Lunch: Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup, Corn Chowder, Marinated Oven Roasted Tofu, Manicotti, Hand Shaped Angus Hamburger, Hand Shaped Angus Cheeseburger, Italian Deli Zep, Steakhouse French Fries, Sliced Fresh Carrots, Chipotle Carrot & Cucumber Salad, Mesclun, Cauliflower & Cheddar, White Bean Salad with Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette, Plain Brownie

Dinner: Rosemary Lemon Whole Roast Chicken, Mushroom Tart With Fontina & Ricotta, Crunchy Pork Chop, Tofu Lo Mein, Chicken Gravy, Mashed Fresh Potatoes, Fresh Cauliflower, Chipotle Carrot & Cucumber Salad, Mesclun, Cauliflower & Cheddar, White Bean Salad with Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette

In Commons

Breakfast: Cream Of Wheat Without Milk, Waffle Bar, Zucchini Frittata, Texas French Toast, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Scrambled Egg Whites, Bacon Slices, Shredded Potatoes, Ham & Cheese Scones

Lunch: Escarole & Sausage Soup, Minestrone, Turkey Mango Chili, Vegan Shepherd’s Pie, Bolognese Sauce, Spaghetti, Organic Tomato Sauce, Chefs Choice All-Natural Burger, Herb Marinated Chicken Breast, Garden Burger, Chinese Marinated Tofu, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Cheese Calzone, Chinese Greens with Garlic, Green Bean & Tofu, Shrimp Fried Rice, Jasmine Rice, Cantonese Chicken Wings, Italian Deli Zep, Dirty Rice, Sautéed Swiss Chard, Broccoli Olive & Ricotta Salata Salad, Creamy Coleslaw