Black Market at Yale. In advance of the Yale Symphony Orchestra’s sold out Halloween Show last night, scalpers prowled the Internet, selling tickets for prices inflated well above the $10 sticker price. “When it seemed that literally the entire campus wanted to be at this show, I realized that I’d probably be missing out if I didn’t find a ticket at the last minute,” said Jeremy Zitomer ’15, who bought a $20 ticket through Facebook.

Get Loko in LC. The fraternity Sigma Phi Epsilon and the Yale Entrepreneurial Institute are cosponsoring a forum with Christopher Hunter, Jaisen Freeman and Jeff Wright, the founders of Phusion Projects and the brains behind Four Loko, in Linsly-Chittenden Hall, Room 102 at 9 p.m. Pizza and Wenzels will be provided, but Loko loyalists can “BYO4L,” according to an email from YES.

On the right track, baby. Q Magazine, a twice-yearly publication founded by Jake Conway ’11 last fall, won a Pacemaker from the Associated Collegiate Press this weekend for its April 2011 issue. Founded in 1927, the Pacemaker is awarded annually to a handful of top college publications, and has been called the Pulitzer Prize of scholastic journalism.

Snow problem. The train line connecting New Haven and Springfield, Mass., is up and running again today after this weekend’s snowstorm shut the line down through Monday. Trips on the Vermonter train are still cancelled.

Whoa, like, no class. Wesleyan University cancelled classes Monday and Tuesday after heavy snowfall, like, knocked out power to its Middletown campus, the twice-weekly Wesleyan Argus reported Monday.

One more item about snow. Though most of New Haven avoided power outages during Snowtober, around 725,000 customers statewide are still without power, according to United Illuminating and Connecticut Light & Power. The damage is so signficant that President Barack Obama declared a state of emergency for Connecticut on Monday, allowing the state to receive significant assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency in its recovery efforts.

Remembering a brother. The brothers of Delta Kappa Epsilon held a vigil Monday night to remember Ralph Verde ’11, a DKE brother who passed away Friday after battling an aggressive brain tumor.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1940 As Election Day approached, a News poll showed that Elis supported Wendell Wilkie over Franklin Delano Roosevelt for President, 1457-592.