Step aside, Stop & Shop! Elm City Market, the hybrid co-op that’s been in the works at the base of 360 State for months, will open its doors Nov. 3. The store will hold a ribbon-cutting the day before at 4:45 p.m., and an open house from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. The Market will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Sundays.

Someone’s in trouble. According to an article in the New York Times on Sunday, U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman ’64 LAW ’67 has liberals rolling their eyes again, as reports emerged that he is advising Republican senatorial candidates Linda McMahon and Christopher Shays in the race to take over the Senate seat he has occupied for two decades. Both Susan Bysiewicz ’83 and Chris Murphy, two likely Democratic contenders for the seat, dismissed Lieberman’s support.

Call it Spooky Saturday. A Monday proposal by State Rep. Chris Larson announced his plan to designate Halloween as the last Saturday in October in hopes that the weekend will be safer and more convenient for families. Gov. Dannel Malloy opposes the idea, his spokeswoman said in an email to the Courant. “The Governor is worried about confusing the ghosts, goblins and witches — so he thinks leaving Halloween on Oct. 31 is the right thing to do,” she wrote.

Sports heaven? A source close to negotiations told the Hartford Courant that NBC Sports will announce on Tuesday that it plans to move its headquarters to Connecticut. The source said the deal will cost the state between $25 and $50 million but will add 400 jobs.

Baby, just say yes. Students packed Linsly-Chittenden 102 to hear world-renwoned chef René Redzepi of the Danish restaurant “Noma” give a talk called “Love Stories” focusing on Redzepi’s love for food. Restaurant magazine named Noma “the best restaurant in the world” in 2010 and 2011. It has two Michelin stars.

Getting serious. Ward 1 aldermanic candidate Vinay Nayak ’14 hung signs on doorknobs throughout Davenport on Monday in advance of the evening’s aldermanic debate.

Reppin’ the Have. Quinnipiac University’s men’s hockey team landed at number 20 in the latest USCHO national polls, released Monday. Eight games into the season, Quinnipiac is 6-2. The Bulldogs came in at number 10 despite Ivy League restrictions that push back their start date.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1978 Families descend on campus to sample “lobster tails” and “free booze” for parents’ weekend.